Sitting on a beach – relaxing under an umbrella – watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico.
I made myself a promise to stay away from the news. So of course I limited that to watching Clinton’s concession speech, reading the Sunday NY Times and Monday-Wednesday’s USA Today and Wall Street Journal. I only watched Keith on Tuesday. I allowed myself to watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. But that was it.
I steered clear of all internet activity barely checking email.
What I did see over my morning coffee was too much for my vacationing brain to handle:
- No Triple Crown winner this year.
- Dontrelle Willis to the minors – that one is huge for a Marlins fan.
- Hillary conceded – Mark Penn blames the money. (Guess he hasn’t been paid yet)
- Kucinich with strong backing from Wexler introduced articles of impeachment against Bush . . . finally!
- The Supreme Court begins its final stretch in this year’s cases and moving more to the right.
- The passing of legendary sportscaster Jim McKay at 86.
- Here comes the new iPhone.
- And Windows 7
- What’s up with the tomatoes?
I did receive an email smearing Obama. I responded to about half of it before I quit. I am on vacation. It was time for another piña colada. It was time to keep my promise.